If you do a psilohuasca ceremony through us, you will not take the strongest MAO inhibitors and the risks will be much lower than with strong MAO inhibitors. Nevertheless, it is highly advisable and strongly recommended that you adhere to the following regulations and do not put your health at risk.
Psilohuasca has slightly more contraindications than psilocybin due to the MAO inhibitors. These are the physical contraindications for psilohuasca:
- Kidney diseases
- Neurological disorders
- High bloodpressure
- Heart and vascular disease
- Brain hemorrhages
- Adrenal complaints
- Abnormal blood cells
Following are the mental contraindications for psilohuasca:
- Other serious mental illnesses
The next medication must be phased out in consultation with the person who prescribes it for you and is allowed one month before the psilohuasca ceremony until 7 days after the ceremony:
- SSRi: citalopram (Cipramil®) – escitalopram (Lexapro®) – fluoxetine (Prozac®) – fluvoxamine (Fevarin®) – paroxetine (Seroxat®) – sertraline (Zoloft®) etc…
- SNRI: Venlafaxine (Efexor) – Duloxetine (Cymbalta) etc…
- TCA: mitriptyline (Tryptizol®) – clomipramine (Anafranil®) – imipramine – nortriptyline (Nortrilen®) etc….
- Benzodiazepines: oxazepam (Seresta), – diazepam (Valium) – alprazolam (Xanax) etc…
The following medication should not be used during the 3 days before and 2 days after taking psilohuasca:
- Anti-asthmatic agents
- Medicines for high blood pressure: (methyldopa, guanethidine, reserpine)
- Opoids (in particular dextromethorphan (found in cough syrup, among other things), tramadol!) morphine and codeine
- Cold, nasal and cough remedies (if they are dextromethorphan or sympathomimetics contain) (Otrivin® ea)
- Sibutramine (medicine against obesity)
- Sympathomimetics. (amphetamines, cocaine, methylphenidate (Ritalin®, Concerta® and Equasym®), dopamine, adrenaline, noradrenaline, isoproterenol)
Drugs and psilohuasca
Do not take any of the following drugs at least 7 days before the psilohuasca ceremony and 3 days after the ceremony:
- Psychedelics such as LSD, MDMA, Ketamine and all other mind-altering drugs
- Weed or Marijuana
- Ephedra and other strong weight loss agents
- Iboga/Ibogaine (stop one month in advance)
Alcohol should also be avoided during the 7 days before and 3 days after the ceremony. Other types of drugs and addictive substances should also no longer be taken.
Nutrition and diet
In the 3 days to 2 days after the psilohuasca ceremony you should avoid foods with a high content of tyramine. So it concerns the following foods:
- Fruit: No limitation
- Vegetable: No sauerkraut
- Herbs: No liquorice, St. John's wort and ginseng.
- Meat: No raw, smoked or cheese-prepared meat and fish.
- Meats: None of all meats are allowed
- Dairy: No cheese, no unpasteurized milk
- Seafood: No trassie
- Notes: No limitation
- Bread: No sourdough bread
- Soy products: No tempeh, soy sauce (ketjap), fish sauce, Tamri and worchestershire sauce
- Drink: No herbal tea with St. John's wort and/or liquorice.
- Alcoholic beverages. No alcoholic drinks.
- Yeast: No Marmite, Tartex, brewer's yeast, bread drink and maggi.
- Ready-made: All non-fresh meals are not recommended. Even your own leftovers need to be cooled quickly and used up within 24 hours.
- Fermented Products: None of the fermented products are allowed.
Eat as little processed food as possible and always go for the freshest products. Preparing your own food from fresh products is much healthier in several respects and will contribute to an overall improvement of your (mental) health.
On the day itself
Do not use 5HTP, valerian or other soothing herbs on the day of the ceremony. Also, do not consume caffeine or green tea. On the day of the ceremony you remain sober and do not eat. Do drink water regularly. Don't worry about food cravings or hunger. After drinking the psilohuasca tea, the hunger will soon disappear.
Questions about psilohuasca?
Do you first want to know more about psilohuasca or how we work? You can find more information from the links below or use a contact option at the bottom of this post.
You can book all our services through our site. Use the form below to book an individual psilohuasca ceremony.
The original post comes from the link below
Read more about our here psychedelic therapy in combination with treatment against depression, burnout, stress, fear, low self esteem, social anxiety, PTSD, insecurity and chronic inflammatory diseases.